Monday, December 9, 2013

The Best Laid Plans Go Awry


So much for the best laid plans.  It rained with a vengeance yesterday, so we hunkered down and spent most of the day on the porch -  just enjoying listening to the downpour and reading.  But, when today dawned with a big, bright sun I just knew that I was going to get to go swimming!  I even had a "morning chat" with Turbo and he agreed to go with me, but first we needed to take advantage of this bright day and get the laundry done. (We're on Solar Power - on the gray, rainy days we run the generator.)


So, laundry it was, and done in short order! I rather enjoy hanging clothes on a line and this one from the deck works especially well! Plus drying in the sun helps remove that damp, musty smell everything seems to take on in the rainforest.We were done in no time.

I slipped into my swimsuit and waddled on down to the dock to go swimming. I was really looking forward trying out the new ladder Brent recently made and I'd already checked for jellyfish every time I was on the dock since we arrived, and I knew I was safe in the department. Norm didn't want to swim, but he came along to help me encourage Turbo into the water and take our pictures. DARNNIT!   That crystal clear water I'd checked just days before was now a greyish cloud with an oily film on top!  WHAT?!  The only thing we can figure out is all that rain yesterday washed a lot of stuff down into the bay.


But, it's a gorgeous day anyway. Now we're porch sitting and trying to identify some of the colorful birds, playing with Turbo, and doing a bit more reading...I'll wait a couple of days to go swimming. :-(

I'm disappointed, but still....It be a bright new day!

Nancy & her sidekicks: Norm & Turbo

No comments:

Post a Comment