Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Real Obscenities


It's the city that is the true jungle.   And yes, NOW we remember....we DO NOT like Panama City! This is our third time passing through. The first was years ago while sailing with our cruiser friends, Jan & Joe. We stayed near a working marina as they were having work done on their boat. We thought maybe it was just "the part of town" that made us uneasy and choose not to be out after dark. The next time was last year on our way to Bocas del Toro. We stayed out of town near the little airport, but still did not get a good vibe from the area, so, this time I thought I'd spring for a more upscale hotel -- maybe that would give us a more positive view of this city. NOT!  All I can say is that the ladies of the night were dressed better than at the other places we stayed.

Now, I try do not judge. Everyone has to make a living. But, I will say that there is a palpable negative energy in  the city that I feel in the pit of my stomach and the hairs on the nap of my neck.  Places are like that, ya know? Without words, you just know.  So, I'm glad we made it to Bocas del Toro early this morning  where there's a "Bob Marley don't worry 'bout a thing" sort of vibe.

So, I'm slipping in to my swimsuit and putting on my water wings. Just as soon as Norm wakes up from a nap, (we were up at dark thirty to catch the plane and  didn't sleep well the short time we were in bed) we'll head on out to Starfish Beach!  Can you hear me humming? ......Don't worry, 'bout a thing, cuz every little thing's  goin be all right."

Hasta!

Norm & Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I think it was Stevie Wonder who did " Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing". Perhaps it's that same kind of thing that used to label "river towns": hard living, hard working, hard partying...a rough life.

    You escaped just in time for the Arctic Blast coming in tonight & tomorrow. From 60 ti six in 12 hours. Gotta love Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely helpful post. This is my first time i visit here. I discovered such a large number of intriguing stuff in your blog particularly its exchange. Truly its extraordinary article. Keep it up. Rutas Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete